~~~ Gazette Special, Oct 2021 ~~~
In less than a week the COP26 climate conference and negotiations will start here in Glasgow.
There are hundreds of events, exhibitions, performances, webinars and talks happening as part of COP26. We’ve pulled together some key event listing websites as well as a list of 26 events you might be interested in.
COP26 is an amazing opportunity to learn from and connect with people and communities from all over the globe about the shared struggles of the climate emergency and how with passion, innovation, creativity, inclusivity, compassion, solidarity and more these struggles are being addressed. There is a lot at stake in these talks.
The events will be a mix of in person, hybrid and online and many of the events will also be recorded for later viewing. Please read the latest COVID guidance before attending any in person events.
Not sure what it’s all about?
Note: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Glasgow Eco Trust.
- UK COP26 Official – Presidency programme (Blue zone)
- UK COP26 Official – Presidency full programme (Blue zone)
- UK COP26 Official – Presidency Pavillion programme (Blue zone)
- UK COP26 Official – Green zone programme
- COP26 Coalition
- COP26 Coalition Movement Assemblies
- Climate Fringe events calendar (searchable by event type, theme, location and organiser)
- Climate Fringe Cafe
- Woodlands Community Development Trust
- Govanhill vs Climate Chaos
- Glasgow Community Food Network Food and Climate Action project
- Nourish Scotland recipes for resilience
- Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA)
- Sustainable Glasgow Landing
- Sustaining All Life
26 events for you!
- Fri 29 Oct/Sat 30 Oct – Sunset Assembly
- Fri 29 Oct, 6pm – Growing Glasgow
- Sat 30 Oct, 630pm – Welcome to COP: International Climate Ceilidh
- Sun 31 Oct, 730pm – The Spiritual Imperative of COP26: a Vision for the Future
- Mon 1 Nov, 1pm – Poets for the Planet – Earthsong
- Mon 1 Nov, 6pm – Reimagining Repair: Building a Grassroots Economy From The Ground Up
- Tue 2 Nov, 1110am – COP26 Youth Hub – Climate Justice Conversations
- Tue 2 Nov, 1200 – Feeding the City
- Wed 3 Nov, 3pm – Green Maps as Climate Solutions
- Wed 3 Nov, 3pm – Divest Discobedience
- Thu 4 Nov, 130pm – Art and Politics: Learning from the Past, Making for the Future – A Workshop
- Thu 4 Nov, 7pm – Eco-feminist short films on climate justice
- Fri 5 Nov – Youth Strike for Climate march (11am) and tally (3pm)
- Fri 5 Nov, 230pm – The Power of Public Engagement for Harnessing Climate Action
- Sat 6 Nov, 1015am – Pedal On COP Glasgow West and Cydebank feeder ride and lots more feeder rides
- Sat 6 Nov, 1130am – Global Day of Action for Climate Justice demo march and rally
- Sun 7 Nov, 4pm – WWF and Nourish Scotland – Healthy and Sustainable Diets
- Mon 8 Nov, 930am – Intersectionality 101 – A Beginner’s Guide to Climate Justice
- Mon 8 Nov, 1045am – Just Transition strategies versus neo-liberal climate schemes
- Tue 9 Nov, 930am – Land, Food and Power
- Wed 10 Nov, 9am – Demand Better Public Transport Demo
- Wed 10 Nov, 2pm – The Social Crisis within the Climate Crisis
- Thu 11 Nov, 2pm – Sustaining Ourselves as Activists and Organisers
- Fri 12 Nov, 130pm – Minga Indígena Declaration Letter for COP26 Leaders
- Fri 12 Nov, 6pm – Climate Grief Karaoke and Burnt Out
- Sat 13 Nov, 1pm – Our Village: What are the impacts of Climate Change?